The National Veterans Crisis Line
The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline and online chat. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or chat online to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Provide readjustment counseling services to combat veterans and their families in a safe, welcoming environment.
- Individual and group counseling for Veterans and their families
- Family counseling for military related issues
- Bereavement counseling for families who experience an active duty death
- Military sexual trauma counseling and referral
- Outreach and education including PDHRA, community events, etc.
- Substance abuse assessment and referral
- Employment assessment & referral
- VBA benefits explanation and referral
- Screening & referral for medical issues including TBI, depression, etc.
Does VA have readjustment counseling for family members?
Family members of combat veterans have been eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling services for military related issues since 1979.
Am I eligible for Vet Center readjustment counseling?
If you, or a family member, served in any combat zone and received a military campaign ribbon (Vietnam, Southwest Asia, OEF, OIF, etc.) then your family is eligible for Vet Center services.
Where is counseling offered?
VA’s readjustment counseling is provided at community-based Vet Centers located near veterans and their families. All Vet Center services are prepaid through military service. Contact your nearest Vet Center through information provided in the Vet Center Directory or listings in your local blue pages. Vet Center staff are available toll free during normal business hours at 1-800-905-4675 (Eastern).
Bronx Vet Center:
2471 Morris Ave., Suite 1A
Bronx, NY 10468
Brooklyn Vet Center:
25 Chapel St. Suite 604
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Manhattan Vet Center:
32 Broadway 2nd Floor – Suite 200
New York, NY 10004
Harlem Vet Center:
2279 – 3rd Avenue, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10035
Queens Vet Center:
75-10B 91 Ave.
Woodhaven, NY 11421
Staten Island Vet Center:
150 Richmond Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10301
Urban Justice Center, Veterans Advocacy Project:
123 Williams Street, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10038