Public Health and Government Agencies
- Centers for Disease Control
- MTA Essential Service During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- NYC Health
- New York State Department of Health
- New York State Center for School Health
- Port Authority Important Travel Information Regarding COVID-19
- World Health Organization
Free Mental Health Resources and Hotlines
- Caregiver Help Desk: Caring for a loved one can present new challenges given the current restrictions on outdoor activity and high risks for senior citizens. Between 8:00 AM and 7:00 PM, you can call this hotline where caregiving experts can provide the information you need to navigate complex caregiving challenges. Call 855-227-3640 to speak with a caregiving expert.
- Crisis Text Line: This service provides free trained crisis counselors who can listen and respond through text messages. They operate 24/7. Text “MHA” to 741741 to get in touch.
- Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH): This free helpline provides crisis counseling and support for anyone experiencing distress or behavioral health concerns related to public health emergencies and other natural disasters. Call 1-800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- NYC Well: This city-operated hotline offers free, confidential mental health counseling 24/7. You can call 1-888-NYC-WELL, text “WELL” to 65173 or visit their website to chat with a professional.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Practicing social isolation can be extraordinarily difficult for those living with abusive intimate partners. Call 1-800-799-7233, log onto thehotline.orgor text “LOVEIS” to 22522 to speak with someone.
- New York State Office of Mental Health (NYS OMH): In response to increased need for mental health care, NYS OMH has created a hotline with free mental health counseling. Call 1-844-863-9314 to speak to someone.
- Sanvello Health: Provides free premium access to clinically validated techniques, coping tools and peer support to anyone impacted by COVID-19 immediately for the duration of the crisis.
- Sign up for COVID-19 text message alerts from New York City by texting “COVID” to 692-692or call New York State’s COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
- The Trevor Project: This nonprofit organization operates a national 24-hour toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. To reach the hotline, call 1-866-488-7386 or text “START” to 678678.
- Access NYC
- Autism Society’s COVID-19 resources
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Caregiver Tips for COVID-19
- Community Care in the Time of Coronavirus
- New York Public Library
- Using Social Stories to Support People with I/DD During the COVID-19 Emergency
For information on how S:US is helping thousands of New Yorkers during the COVID-19 health crisis, please visit https://sus.org/sus-helps-thousands-of-new-yorkers-during-covid-19-crisis/.