- Clinical services delivered by seasoned and compassionate clinicians dedicated to serving people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
- Convenient access to services
- For families, increasing positive collaboration with the person supported’s circle of support.
- Eliminates transportation and staffing barriers.
- Limits exposure to medical/clinical offices and waiting rooms.
- Services provided in a home environment.
- Provides a variety of services to underserved communities.
Welcome to Behavioral Health Medical Services of New York, P.C., a service to support and improve the lives of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities by providing easy access to behavioral health and therapeutic services.
People with disabilities are often at greater risk for health problems. The COVID-19 health crisis exacerbated this issue as it was evident that they were more vulnerable to the virus. In the early days of the pandemic, it was increasingly challenging to ensure that medical appointments and therapy sessions took place.
Services like Behavioral Health Medical Services of New York, P.C. (an Independent Practitioner Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (IPSIDD)) provide the best solution to this challenge. Behavioral Health Medical Services of New York, P.C. helps people with intellectual/developmental disabilities access mental health, speech therapy, occupational therapy and physical therapy in locations convenient to them. These services help people find stability, well-being and live a life with purpose.